I continued to go on long bike tours 2007-2012 throughout the West, and every year I spent some time in the Jemez mountains, and each year 20007-2009 I was stopped by the cops in reference to the "Cookie Bandit", though generally the cops were all "You're the guy who looks like the Cookie Bandit, aren't you?" I would say, "I'm not a criminal, I just look like one." I would tell them some story I heard at the hot springs about Henry and I was kind of surprised they never were able to apprehend them, they certainly had no trouble finding me. The strangest incident was a few months after the shoot out when I was town-crashing Santa Fe, and suddenly I was surrounded on my bike by a new record of police cars: 5. I threw my arms way up in the air and yelled "I'm not the Cookie bandit, he's dead, you already got him." Apparently there was a burglary in the Artist Road neighborhood, so they weren't looking for the Cookie Bandit, ...
Comments
Post a Comment